"James is utilizing his visionary leadership, by integrating sustainable products into his business, which help to make the world a better place."
—J. Van Ness, St. John, USVI, President, Real Leaders
There is a growing movement in the textile industry to reduce its impact on the environment. The fashion industry is the second biggest contributor in the world to air and water pollution.
- Three trillion gallons of fresh water are used annually
- 20% of fresh water pollution comes from textile dying
- Generates about 10% of the world's carbon impact.
- 5% of landfills are textile waste.
We are endeavoring to make our own modest contribution by always searching for yarns that come from sustainable sources and factories with environmentally sensitive practices.
Our eco-yarns meet one or more of the following standards:
- Made with fibers from highly sustainable resources: hemp, linen, organic cotton, bamboo
- Manufactured to meet the human-ecological requirements of the STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TX®.
- Made from recycled textiles: linen, cotton
- Made from organically grown plant fibers