"Jim taught me to knit on a vacation. Now, I'm still an overworked lawyer, but one that has more patience and less stress."
—Rodney G., Los Angeles, CA
Knitting Heals the Body and the Mind
Knitting and Zen meditation share the same benefits.
- A meditation-like state
- Relief from stress
- Focused self-control
- Regulating the mind with counting or watching the breath
- Awareness of the stream of thoughts while allowing them to pass without interference
- Staving off depression
- Improving self-esteem
- Enhanced social skills
- Quitting bad habits
Harvard Medical School Research
- Repetitive needlework can induce a relaxed meditation-like state
- Lowers heart rate and blood pressure
- Reduces harmful levels of the stress hormone cortisol
- Increases energy
- Helps arthritic fingers remain more dexterous
Mayo Clinic Psychiatrist’s Research
- Suggests knitting may stave off a decline in brain function with age
- Reducing the risk of Alzheimer’s
To learn how knitting with James Cox Knits eco-yarns can help make a contribution to the health of the planet, click here.