“James introduced me to knitting, but I call it meditation. It’s how I start everyday — better than coffee.” ~ Diane M.
Knitting and Zen meditation share the same benefits.
- Relief from stress
- Staving off depression
- Improving self-esteem
- Quitting bad habits
Harvard Medical School Research
- Induces a relaxed meditation-like state
- Lowers heart rate and blood pressure
- Reduces harmful levels of the stress hormone cortisol
- Increases energy
- Helps arthritic fingers remain more dexterous
Mayo Clinic Psychiatrist’s Research
- Suggests knitting may stave off a decline in brain function with age
- Reducing the risk of Alzheimer’s